Ten ways you can help orphans and children at risk in 2013:
- Pray for them. (If you would like to pray for an individual orphan in Russia or India and don't have the financial resources to sponsor a child, contact us, and we will send you information about a child you can pray for.)
- Adopt a child. There are thousands of children in the United States who need forever families, and the cost of adopting an older child in the U.S. is usually negligible.
- Help a family who is adopting a child: prayer, finances, baby-sitting, etc.
- Sponsor a child in Russia who lives in a government-run orphanage and has no prospects for ever being adopted;
- Sponsor an orphan in a Christian orphanage in India;
- Start an orphan ministry in your church (information on resources);
- Host an orphan from Eastern Europe for a 4-week vacation in the USA at Christmas or during the summer.
- Partner with a ministry that is helping orphans and/or supporting adoptions.
- Visit orphans where they are. (Information about mission trips to Russia.)
- Volunteer to work in an orphanage in India.
You will be greatly blessed for getting involved!
|Orphan children in Russia, enjoying summer church camp|