Through advocacy, education, adoption support, and leadership development in the U.S. and Canada, NACAC helps to reform systems, alter viewpoints, and change lives. NACAC services include the following:
- Support parent groups and other community leaders in their efforts to advocate for waiting children and adoptive families in their communities;
- Host one of the most comprehensive adoption training conferences in North America, with more than 100 accredited workshops for parents and professionals;
- Inform parents, professionals, and others about waiting children and other issues related to foster care and adoption through our quarterly newsletter Adoptalk and other publications;
- Conduct training sessions and workshops on adoption subsidy, child welfare reform, transracial adoption, and other issues related to foster care and special needs adoption;
- Offer leadership training to adoptive, foster, and kinship parents to help create and enhance support groups for families in their communities;
- Create and disseminate publications that provide resources, information, and support to adoptive families and prospective adopters;
- Provide phone consultation and materials to address parents' questions about adoption subsidies for children with special needs.
|Big Family Mission helps Russian orphans who may never have the opportunity to be adopted.